Alzheimer’s & Dementia Program
Our in-home dementia care program can give the gift of a meaningful day to your loved one with memory loss.
We are an authorized provider of the AlzBetter Program
Find Out More
view our services
get help with info & pricing
We believe that people with dementia still have feelings, desires, wants and needs. By partnering with the dementia care experts at AlzBetter, we have implemented a program to help people who struggle with this disease.
Many home dementia care plans lack structure and can leave your loved one in front of the TV or sleeping all day. This leads to lower self-esteem and frustration, which often evolves into problematic behaviors such as agitation and wandering.
Creating a predictable day with essential tasks and meaningful activities can help them live a happier, fulfilled life in the comfort of their home. The end result is the person with Alzheimer’s is happier and safer and their family caregiver finds the stress relief they so desperately need.
- A care manager and certified dementia specialist will come to your home and conduct a dementia assessment that is far more detailed than an ordinary home care assessment. Our patent pending software then determines your loved one’s current level of ability and identifies areas of concern.
- We then create a customized care plan and daily schedule which includes tasks and activities that create a meaningful and enjoyable day. All activities are based on each person’s personal interests and appropriate for their current level of dementia.
- A personal care assistant or companion with advanced dementia training is then assigned to provide care and receives individualized instruction from the care manager on an ongoing basis.
- A special emphasis is put on working with family members to teach them what to expect and how to work with the person in need.
Specialized activities are introduced. These include our Music to Remember program and AlzBetter books and puzzles created specifically for people with dementia matched to their current level.
- Follow-up visits are performed by the care manager to re-assess the current level of dementia and to make changes to activities as needed.
- A Quality of Life assessment is performed at each visit to assess the program effectiveness and to make further recommendations.
Even with the best planning, there are still going to be challenges. Our program is designed to help identify the root cause of the problem and then suggest possible solutions.
We’re dedicated to helping your loved one living with the debilitating effects of Alzheimer’s or other dementias remain at home while enjoying the highest quality of life possible.